This week’s topic is Summer Scenes From My Run
In the summer, I try to run in different places. Here are few of my favorites:
- Peebles Island – there’s a park with a trail and lots of bridges to run over in the surrounding area.
- Zim Smith Bike Path – a nice peaceful trail plus you can park in a bakery’s parking lot.
- Central Park in NYC – only ran there once unfortunately
- Delmar Rail Trail – I run here the most often because it’s nearby.
- Bolton Landing – I love running here in the summer especially for the views of Lake George (We keep our boat here so I only get to run here in the summer.)
- The Crossings – another local park where I run.
- Colonie Town Park – a park and a bike path
- Corning Bike Path – nice flat route along the Hudson River
- Chestertown/Brant Lake Along the Schroon River – another summer only spot (My friend has a house here and it’s not far from our boat.)
I am not really training for anything right now. My next half is on September 18. I have just been running short distances. Besides it’s hot and I am enjoying my scenery. But soon I will have to increase those weekend miles. Very soon!
Happy Running! Where is your favorite spot to run in the summertime?