- Monday – I decided to squeeze in an evening run since Tuesday had rain in the forecast
- Tuesday – Glad that I planned a rest day since it rained most of the day. I did play tennis in the evening instead.
- Wednesday – Finally dragged myself out for a short lunchtime walk.
I went for a run after work with Alyssa. The day started out warm but by the time we ran, it had gotten much colder and then during our run, it started to sleet. Fun. Fun. Well, we just ran faster.
After the run, I met my running buddy, Barbara, for a drink & a bite to eat. I haven’t seen her in a while since she has been out of commission with an injury. It was fun catching up. I hope she is able to run again soon.
- Thursday– Another scheduled rest day. I finally met up with my BFF for her postponed birthday dinner and a movie.
- Friday – I did go for a run before my evening mah jongg game. I decided that I would try to run on the rail trail if it were clear and it was. But I had a mental lapse – darkness and no lights. What was I thinking? I ran fast and only had to run the last mile in the dark.
- Saturday – A scheduled rest day to do errands, get things done around the house.
- Sunday – A very chilly day but I got some miles in. I ran with Judy who suggested the Nisky Bike Path. When I saw the coating of snow, I almost bailed on the run (Judy wore Yak Trax; I did not.) But it wasn’t slippery at all and even though it was 15 degrees, I didn’t feel cold at all. It was very pleasant and slow and Judy & I got to chat until the last mile when I decided to need to get some in some speed. Afterwards, we went out to lunch. (I was starving as I didn’t bring any fuel on the run.)
After I got home, I rushed out to the movies with a few friends.
17 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days
- Monday – 3 mile run with Alyssa, tennis
- Tuesday – rest day, tennis
- Wednesday –4 mile run
- Thursday – rest day
- Friday – 4 mile run, mah jongg
- Saturday – rest day
- Sunday – 10K race
Happy Running! How is your running going?