- Monday – a day off and sunshine (though not as warm as it looks.) I had to go out for a run. Then a friend and I decided to check out the new local casino.
My friend won and I didn’t. But we had fun and then went out to dinner.
- Tuesday – Today I had to get up at 5:30 am to skip my regular job and work at the Bar Exam instead. Very boring but that’s a good thing when you are providing tech support. I am finally feeling almost normal but it was a scheduled rest day so I was good.
- Wednesday – Back at my normal job with an after work run. I am missing my running buddy Alyssa who could not come. But it was in the 50s again with rain predicted for the next few days. I had to try to run two loops of the campus (6 miles). It wasn’t pretty but I got it done.
- Thursday– Another day sitting and doing nothing at the Bar Exam. Though I ran the day before, the warm weather egged me on to take a run so I did. 3.5 miles in 68 degrees.
- Friday – Last day at the bar exam ZZZZZ! I didn’t even bring running clothes so that I would take a rest day.
It was supposed to rain but it didn’t and the temps went up to 75 degrees. (Notice the blue sky!!) The weather is such a tease.
- Saturday – My original plan called for a rest day and a 10 mile race on Sunday. But Alyssa forgot about the race and planned a run. She asked me to accompany her on the last 8 miles of her 14 mile training run. After checking the weather and realizing that it would be going downhill on Sunday, I agreed. It was great to catch up. Life had gotten in the way of our runs together.
Then that night, I reminded my hubby that he still owed me a Valentine’s Day dinner.
- Sunday – So I bailed on the Winter Series 10 mile race and chose the 4.5 miler instead. I am glad I did not run the 10 miler but I am glad than I ran the race. It was in the 30’s (yes, over 30 degrees colder than the day before) and insanely windy. The gusts made it impossible to move forward at times. Yet, I enjoyed it…
26 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days
- Monday – 3 miles
- Tuesday – rest day, tennis, STEM mtg
- Wednesday –4 miles with Alyssa
- Thursday – 2 miles during lunch?, hair appt
- Friday – rest day, fly to West Palm Beach, FL, rent car & drive to friend’s in Delray Beach
- Saturday – rest day, Delray Beach, lunch with friend in Boca, pick up race packet in Stuart, drive to friend’s in Hobe Sound
- Sunday – Treasure Coast Half Marathon, Mets vs Cardinals spring training game
Happy Running! How is your running going? How is your running weather?