This month I’m linking up again with Marcia’s Healthy Slice for Runfessions. This my second Runfessions post. Maybe I will continue to do this monthly.
Most of my Runfessions from last month repeated themselves except that I didn’t eat ice cream this month.
This month has been very very cold. In fact, the coldest, ever!!!
Here are my Runfessions:
1. I was not very good about the Take the Leap 30 Day Yoga Challenge.
I had good intentions and I love yoga.
So I started out well but it went down from there.
I watched some videos, I downloaded some apps.
But I really prefer going to classes and I didn’t get to any. The one I like is on Wednesdays and Saturdays and I always seem to have something more important to do.
Some days, I have just done a one minute plank and a few quick stretches.
Finally, I quit it all. Nada.
2. I hate the treadmill so much that yesterday, I suffered rather than use it.
I had planned to run on the treadmill so I didn’t bring my warmest outdoor running clothes.
Luckily I forgot my clothes at work (and you know that I have no qualms about re-wearing running clothes.)
The day before it was almost 30 degrees so I didn’t bring my fleece-line tights nor did I have an extra shirt or warmer hat.
Yesterday, it was 18 and single digits with the wind chill. Out I went. I thought that it wouldn’t be so bad.
The good news is that it was my fastest run in a long time. The bad news is that I froze. I was cold the whole time. I couldn’t feel my face or my fingers by the time I was done.
Still… better than the treadmill.
3. I can’t stop myself from signing up for races.
If I am supposed to training for a half marathon in April and then one in June, why am I signing up for short races???
It messes up my weekend long runs… but I love racing, I guess.
- 3-07-15 – Shamrock 5K (Palm Springs, CA)
- 3-14-15 – Runnin of the Green 4 m
- 3-22-15 – Shamrock Shuffle 5m
- 3-29-15 – Delmar Dash 5m
- 4-04-15 – Rabbit Ramble 4m ?? (if I’m not away for Passover)
- 4-11-15 – Bacon Hill Bonanza 5k
- 4-18-15 – Asbury Park Half Marathon* (in NJ)
- 4-26-15 – Cherry Blossom 5k
- 5-02-15 – Spring Run Off 15K
- 5-09-15 – Mastodon 15k
- 5-10-15 – Mother’s Day 5K (for GOTR)
- 5-30-15 – Freihofer’s Run for Women 5k
- 6-07-15 – Betar Byway 5K
- 6-13-15 – Walkway Half Marathon*
- 6-21-15 – Adirondack Distance 10m
Well, that’s it for now.
Happy Running! Have any Runfessions to share?